OpenWrt support for Tube-E4G
Quick start guide
OpenWrt based firmware
Download the prebuilt OpenWrt based firmware here: Download
Prepare following equipments and connect them as illustration below:
- PoE adapter
- 4G/LTE SIM card
Reflash firmware with Web fail-safe mode (optional)
You can skip this step if you had OpenWrt based firmware by default.
- Power off
- Keeping press reset button and power on Tube-E4G
- Release reset button right after the ethernet LED blink 3 times (The LED will have a short fast blinks when Web fail-safe mode enabled)
Setup computer with static IP mode, and set the IP to
Open http://192.168.1.1 with browser, it will display following Web fail-safe page:
Select the OpenWrt based firmware for Tube-E4G and click "Update firmware".
Wait around 5 minutes for the device to finish firmware reflash.
There is no sign indicating the end of process. Just reconnect the device directly after a proper period of time. The process won't break the bootloader code. So it's safe to power off and retry again.
Change the computer to DHCP mode. The computer should obtain an IP
192.168.1.### from Tube-E4G DHCP server.
After getting IP, open http://192.168.1.1 with browser:
Click Login button to login without password.
Enter "Network >> Interfaces" page and click the "Edit" button of the wwan interface item.
Fill or edit the the options per your needs:
- Protocol: ModemManager
- APN: internet (by default)
- The APN could be different per 4G/LTE service provider.
- The global APN list can be found here: https://android.googlesource.com/device/sample/+/master/etc/apns-full-conf.xml
- PIN: (ENTER_YOUR_PIN_CODE) (empty by default)
- Authentication Type: None (by default)
- IP Type: IPv4 only: IPv4 only (by default)
and click the Save button.
Click the "Save & Apply" button to apply new settings, and wait 5~20 seconds for service restart.